6 Most Common Toxic Foods You Should Avoid For English Bulldogs
This is a common question to English Bulldog Breeder Miami for every new pet parent: should they feed their English bulldog human foods? The answer is yes but with some important exceptions. But what are these exceptions? Let's read the article till its end to know what are those toxic foods that you should avoid in your English bulldog.
Never feed your bulldog chocolate. As this is the most dangerous food for your bulldog that can make them sick or develop heartbeat, tremors, seizures etc. If a small amount of chocolate is on your floor, remove it now. The presence of the bromine can make your dog sick and you may call a vet immediately. Dark chocolate contains more of the the bromine that immediately leads to heart problems for your dog.
The artificial Sweeteners like xylitol are one of the most toxic things that your bulldog can eat. Xylitol is generally found on some mints and gums which should be avoided for your bulldogs. Research says xylitol is 100 times more dangerous than chocolate, especially for English bulldog puppies. As per, English bulldog puppies for sale Miami, avoid their stick that has xylitol as it may make their blood sugar level dip down considerably. Other foods that may contain xylitol are:
- Fruit drinks
- Peanut butter
- Baked foods etc.
Macadamia nuts are one of the most important toxic foods that you should not feed your English bulldog. However, the discovery about Macadamia nuts is new and the scientist even doesn't know what the compound that does harm for the puppies is. Generally, the problems after eating Macadamia nuts are nonfatal, still your dog may experience vomiting, hypothermia, tremor etc.
Apple is one of the most popular fruits in the market. But the apple core can do so much harm for your puppies. The presence of cyanogen glycosides or cyanide. Eating apple core for the bulldog puppy can lead to sudden breathing problems, shock and sometimes coma.
Grapes and Raisins
Grapes and raisins are not harmful for every dog species but it may cause severe kidney disorders for the English bulldogs. Even after 12 hours of ingestion, your dog may experience lethargic and diarrhoea. So, try to treat the first symptoms, otherwise it will lead to depression, dehydration and decrease of appetite. If the symptoms are severe, then don't wait. Call the vet and start treatment immediately.
Onions and Garlics
Onion and garlic is one of the most commonly found things in every home. These are not good for English bulldog puppies as they cause gastroenteritis, and severe damages for red blood cells. But the garlic is considered as five times more potent than the onions. Onion and garlic present symptoms like leathery, weakness, dark collared urine, etc.
These above all are the foods that are considered as toxic for English bulldogs. So, try to avoid these foods for your bulldog puppies. If you see any symptoms after eating the above symptoms, call a vet immediately. As the single symptom may lead to a serious problem that may even lead to death. To keep the harms out of your dog, after you buy a dog from the English bulldog for sale Miami, ask your veterinarian to provide you with a diet chart that meets the nutritional needs of your puppies.
Visit us at
Beverly Hills Puppies to find out more about us and our wonderful bulldogs full of character and spirit.