How does Magento 2 Rich Snippets work?
Magento 2 Rich Snippets are an E-commerce solution that allows you to create and modify rich snippets for better search engine rankings.
Rich snippets allow search engines to better understand a site's context when displaying search results. Rich snippets provide search engines with the ability to display more information about the actual result. This includes whether the result is a review, a person, a product, a business, and more. Furthermore, certain content types may also enable users to interact directly with your content directly from Search. Using rich snippets is an easy-to-use form of on-page mark-up that will make you stand out from the competition, increase your click-through rates, and possibly, increase your page ranking.
Rich Snippets Can Be Used To Accomplish The Following:
Rich Snippets For CMS: You can include rich snippets on your CMS pages, such as Contact Us, Blog, and About.
Rich Snippets For Organizations: Identify your organization in relevant search results by adding relevant information.
Rich Snippets For Social Media: Add Open Graph meta tags to your webpage URLs as a way to provide richer content and to improve click-through rates, as well as grow the number of followers on your social media channels.
Rich Snippets For Category Pages: Display ratings and descriptions associated with categories in search results.
Rich Snippets For Product Pages: Allow your customers to see prices, special offers, availability, images, reviews, and limited offers directly on the search results pages.
Breadcrumbs: Displays the hierarchy of the page in search results,
Rich Snippets Have The Following Benefits:
- An increase in click-through rates and a decrease in bounce rates on Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- Enhance organic traffic by providing eye-catching search results
- Display website breadcrumbs in Google, Bing, and Yahoo search results
- Provide information about the lowest prices, average ratings, and availability of items in Google search results
- Adjust web address in Google search results
- Ensure social sharing is enabled on the site's pages
- Share pages on social media with product ratings attached