A Complete Guide On Your Construction ERP Software
A Complete Guide On Your Construction ERP Software
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is used in business management to store and analyze data related to company business operations. They display a database that can be accessed by several departments (such as sales and accounting) and are used to track everything starting from online purchases to payroll to inventory. According to statista, many construction firm use modern IT software.
Because businesses in various industries have unique requirements, ERP software is rarely "one size-match-all," and it is important to use the platform built for your industry. In this article, we will see ERP software designed for the construction industry, including examples of five ERP platforms that you can use for your business. Moreover, according to Globenewswire, even The construction project management software market is expected to grow from USD 1,403.93 million in 2019 to USD 2,836.78 million by the end of 2025 at the annual growth rate of compound (CAGR) of 12.43%
What is construction ERP software?
First, why is it so important to use the ERP platform that specializes in you? Some, so you can accurately reflect all your business activities.
The main purpose of construction ERP software is to help you see the big picture and how all your business parts fit together. ERPs can help you automate recurring tasks, reduce friction between departments, and streamline your workflow. With generic ERP, you might have some components you need for your industry, such as inventory management and human resource management, but not all.
With ERP construction software, you will have additional tools that you can use to manage contractors and subcontractors, track purchase orders, accept offers, and more. Construction ERPs can help you plan ahead, create an accurate budget and schedule for your project so you can buy the raw materials you need. Managers can delegate tasks and see the time sheets, even if their team is distributed on various work sites or projects. And, you can use your ERP to exchange information directly with clients and vendors, give them access only to the data they need.
Even in the construction industry, though, various types of businesses may have a series of their own requirements in ERP. For example, general contractors will have different organizational structures and workflows than developers. Construction Submittal software play a vital role to manage all the submittals efficiently.
That is why it is very important to understand how different modules fits together, and which ones are most relevant for your team.
ERP software features
construction ERP software integrates different software systems into a comprehensive solution, so the construction manager can have a tool to effectively manage the full life cycle of the project, including:
- Cost estimation
- Offer management
- Contract Order Management and Purchasing (PO)
- Project scheduling
- Inventory management
- Equipment facilities and management
- Document management and workflow regarding the concept, RFI and RFP
- Productivity / Performance Monitoring
- HR and payroll processing
Connectivity This module is very important because of the use of accounting software, scheduling, and incorrect documents can greatly inhibit the progress of the construction project and the growth of the company itself. Because the unexpected situation arises, the effects of having technology and software solutions that are not integrated are increasingly detrimental to construction projects.
Special ERP security protocols such as role-based access control (RBAC), user supply, electronic identity management, real-time monitoring, audit paths, firewalls and network encryption provides additional layers to protect and limit access to valuable business data.
The dashboard that can be adjusted to the visualization of integrated data and data analysis features is a daily necessity for construction managers and becomes more vital during difficult times.
The following ERP module is very useful for construction companies:
- Most ERPS construction will have various modules, including core features that come standards with software, and additional options for more niche use.
- Inventory modules offer tools for tracking equipment, monitoring costs, calculating materials used, and more. For example, you can use a wireless management system (WMS) to track the movement of equipment using a handheld scanner.
- Logistics module handles shipping and tracking, route management, sales orders, and other operational tasks. This may include loading trucks, determining efficient routes and delivery schedules, and monitoring their progress to the destination.
- The project management module as well as meeting management software is used to complete your project on time, with tools for routing store floors, waste management, subcontracting, and more.
- Supply chain management modules include procurement, purchase orders, point of sale transactions, sales order labels, and supplier relationship management.
- Labor module handles scheduling, time tracking, and task management.
- Other modules, such as accounting and customer relationship management, are used in many industries, but can also be included in your construction ERP.
- The key to successful ERP design is all connected to the center database. If your team must enter several applications to do their work, then it defeats the goal of having a centralized data repository.
- United ERP designs, where data can be easily distributed between departments, reduce data silos and reduce the complexity of daily operations.
You can build your construction ERP Software
In some cases, there is no software option right. Maybe you work in a very specific niche in the construction industry, and you want ERP built to your specifications. Or maybe you just want one with a more interesting UX design.
In the end, it might be more cost effective for building ERP rather than paying subscription fees to the SaaS platform, especially if you add more users as a scale of your company.
Whatever your needs, teams in NCrypted can develop ERP solutions specifically for your business. NCrypted can design new ERP from the start, with all the modules you need, or increase your legacy ERP into a model that is a glazed new user.
Either Way, you will end up with a customized platform that helps you track and streamline your business operations and increase your ROI. NCrypted reach to start building your new construction ERP today!