5 Best Mobile App Testing Tools In 2022
Some of the best mobile app testing tools that you and all the app testers should utilize in 2022 for a seamless run-time.
“Choose the right mobile app testing tool to develop a bug-free mobile application”
Eliminating the risk of failure by fixing all the glitches and bugs is very crucial while developing an application. Therefore, app testing is a vital and crucial part of the entire process. There is a bundle of automated mobile app testing tools and frameworks that are designed to fix all kinds of hiccups while running an application. Some are free whereas some charge a price. But all are designed to minimize human errors in the mobile app and are used by the top android and iOS app development company in India to optimize the end result before it is launched.
The mobile app testing tools help you to assess the quality of your application and deploy the application faster. This also ensures the app testers that they are ready for the launch. There are different types of testing frameworks with variant features and each with its own features to craft the absolute best for you.
The mobile app testing framework can be bifurcated into three main categories-
Solely Android Testing Tools
Solely iOS Testing Automation Framework
Cross-Platform Testing Framework inclusive of both Android and iOS
Here we are only going to discuss the most popular cross-platform testing platforms for your mobile application that are power-packed with string features and will help you be in the lead in this competitive market.
Some of the best mobile app testing frameworks for both Android and iOS can be listed below-
Appium is one of the top most popular mobile app testing tools that have been in test automation for more than 8 years for both Android and iOS devices due to its versatility and highly automated integration. It aims to automate any mobile app in any language and in any framework, hence a highly versatile mobile app testing tool. It is mostly recommended by app testers around the globe.
- It is based on Selenium.
- No need to learn a new framework or language and can start the test right away as it supports almost every programming or scripting language on every kind of framework there is.
- It facilitates the reusability of the language code by implementing the same APIs for multiple platforms.
- The framework of Appium is by far the largest and active community that can easily help you out from any problem you are facing in no time.
- It can work well in real devices, emulators, and even stimulators too.
- It runs all its tests on the same development framework and language to offer confidence around the application development. It does not let you compile the application on its environment because it creates issues later on after shipping in a different environment.
- The framework of the application can be easily integrated with CI/CD tools.
- There is no need for app modifications.
- It also has a complicated User Interface (UI).
Calabash is one of the most popular open-source cross-platform mobile app testing frameworks or tools that is in it for 2022. You can easily test for the application to run seamlessly on your Android and iOS phones as it is freely available. Also, you can do all the tests and execute them using Cucumber even without any prior coding knowledge while building the custom steps. Though it uses Cucumber for the foundation, the Ruby language is implemented to execute all the tests. The custom steps that require the further extension of the Ruby APIs are available on its documentation.
- It can execute automated test cases while supporting both real devices and emulators.
- The Calabash framework is appreciated and recognized highly for being one of the most stable mobile app testing environments and frameworks for Android and iOS alike.
- It can easily be integrated with continuous integration tools like for example Jenkins.
- The Calabash framework utilizes behaviour-driven development and does not questions or ask for coding language from the app tester.
3. Lambda Test
Lambda Test is one of the best mobile app testing frameworks that is shouldered on cloud-based technology. It offers a more secure, scalable, and reliable Appium test execution cloud that in fact helps the app testers around the world to accelerate the release cycles of their respective projects. The cloud-based technology helps in accessing the application from any device at your convenience from your desktop browser.
- As it is a cloud-based mobile app testing platform, the app testers can perform the testing from any place they want.
- It has some unique features like geo-location testing, localization testing which can not easily found on other platforms.
- It offers a lot of integration for the app testers which helps in enhancing the platform’s functionality and therefore provides a one-stop solution for the development process to the app testers.
- It is very easy to learn and therefore speeds up the process of launching the application on their virtual testing platforms and on real device clouds.
- You can easily run tests in parallel on Appium mobile devices at scale and across multiple devices at the same time which overall reduces the test execution time by more than 10X.
4. Eggplant Functional
Eggplant Functional is one of the most dynamic mobile app testing platforms that has multiple functionalities. It allows a broad range of application types, inclusive of web, mobile, and desktop. It is also a part of the Digital Automation Intelligence Tool. It allows dynamic testing from the user’s point of view as you can pretty much test anything that appears on the screen. It is most importantly a visual testing tool that does not require app testers to know the Android and iOS messages.
This platform is a user-friendly tool as you can write automated testing scripts for mobile applications. It supports both Android and iOS devices alike.
- It has a user interface that is easy to use and even a user-friendly environment for testing.
- It also allows you to test every object that appears on the screen.
- Unlike other testing frameworks, it does not require the knowledge of iOS and Android messages.
- It has the best user support.
- For iOS testing, it needs a Mac Server.
- It has a cumbrous setup.
5. Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
UFT is one the strongest industry leaders for testing automation which was known as HPE Quick Test Professional (QTP) beforehand. It allows the QA teams to make the testing process more effective and efficient with a finely tuned collaboration. It supports both Android and iOS across top browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
The QA engineers while using the UFT will see significant changes as the time of execution will be shorter and the quality of the application will only enhance.
- It is an open-source cross-platform testing solution.
- It is based on Selenium.
- It supports multiple languages.
- There is no need for application modifications.
- It has a complex user interface or UI.
- There is a lack of official support.
The above-mentioned tools are some of the best mobile app testing tools used by expert app developers of the top mobile app development companies. You can always try any one of the tools, depending on the mobile app development project requirement and build a glitch-free mobile app for your clients in 2022.